DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Andy Flannagan vs Linkin Park

"I need to feel the cold of shadows running free"

Food for thought - it's possible to have things but not really 'have' them...
SON is a cool and thought provoking album by talented singer / songwriter Andy Flannagan (best track 'All I Am'), Collision Course however is the new fusion of Linkin Park and Jay-Z (best track 'Numb/Encore'). Today I've been challenged to assess what I'm doing with what I have, am I becoming numbed to the 'power to have joy'?
Man I hope not...

There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is hard on men; A man to whom God gives money, wealth, and honour so that he has all his desires but God does not give him the power to have joy of it, and a stranger takes it.
Ecclesiastes 6: 1-2
I love the concept that you can have everything and yet nothing if you don't appreciate it...

"I’ve become so numb... Can I get a encore? Do you want more? " ...deep huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really good CD, especially Numb/Encore. I wasn't a huge fan of Linkin Park (I liked mainly Jay Z) but this collaboration is great. The concert dvd is pretty good, too.

Rachel
(www.bruises-fade.us)

Anonymous said...

When ever you get the chance go and listen to andy live, you won't be disapointed.

Gordon (Andy's House Mate)
http://www.quickdot.co.uk/

Matt Adcock said...

You're not wrong, I was impressed when he played Sunday morning at SBC... Do tip me off if he has gig not too far away / in the near future!