DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Friday, January 21, 2005

Bruce Willis in Hostage Situation...


Bruce Willis... I love that guy (in a non sexual, macho kind of way),
he's delivered some of my very favourite films:

DIE HARD,

UNBREAKABLE,

THE LAST BOYSCOUT,

THE SIXTH SENSE,

TWELVE MONKEYS...

/ big grin spreads across Matt's face just thinking about those films and now it looks like 2005 will be 'Brucetastic' because not only will he own SIN CITY but HOSTAGE looks pleasingly action packed too - plus DIE HARD 4 has popped up on the horizon - now we're talking...

Some favourite Bruce Willis quotes - can you name the films?

"I am insane, and you are my insanity."

"Yeah, that's what your wife said."

"Just needed to do a couple of things. I needed to help someone. I think I did. And I needed to tell you something. You were never second, ever."

"How's my driving? 1-800-I'm-gonna-f**kin'-die!"

"Take this under advisement, jerkweed."

"Honey, since I left you, this has been without a doubt the single weirdest f**king day of my life."

"You should never do anything like this. You know that, right?"

- I could go on all day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Bruce has certainly delivered some great lines over the years, made memorable I think by his mixture of gritty hardman determination, derisory wit and desperate human vulnerability. I know, Matt, that you couldn't mention every great line that has passed through those clenched teeth or wryly smiling lips, all the brilliant one-liners in Die Hard could fill your blog on their own, but I do think that there a few more that need mentioning.

From Die Hard (1988)

STEALING THE BOOTS OF THE BADGUY HE'S JUST SHOT - "A million terrorists in the world and I kill the one with feet smaller than my sister."

WHEN TOLD HE IS USING A CHANNEL RESERVED FOR EMERGENCY CALLS - "No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?"

AFTER HE HAS DROPPED A DEAD BODY ONTO THE BONNET OF A POLICE CAR - "Welcome to the party pal"

I could go on but I have sudden urge to watch a film...

Oh but I have to mention the brilliantly funny and underrated Hudson Hawk (1991)

WHEN ASKED HOW LONG HE SPENT IN PRISON - "Let's just say, I never saw E.T."

One last Bruce moment from the excellent The Fifth Element(1997)

AS HE IS ASKED TO IDENTIFY HIMSELF TO A POLICE SPOTCHECK - "I am a meat popsicle"

I excitedly await his new releases. Mikey B.