DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Birthday Doom


"Matt's nearly 34 and we're doomed!!"

Yes, if your PC's too weak to pump out acceptable Doom 3 framerates - or you're just getting too old to cope with game-series' ever more frenetic and bloodthirsty pace, this might be the answer: the Doom boardgame...

That's right, as one of my (hopefully many... cough *PSP import* cough Birthday presents) here is the chance to fully embrace my inner geek because long after digital pastimes like the original Doom crushed demand for the more traditional cardboard creations that inspired them, it seems old-style entertainment requiring a little imagination on the part of the player might be making a comeback on the back of their erstwhile nemesis.
So I'll soon be knee deep in dice, corridor cards, weapon tokens, wound markers and door boards with which two to four players can act out ultra-violent battles without the... er... violence...
Bring on your 6 sided gunslinging space marines and I'll tear you apart with my hellspawn attackers!!
Wait, no, come back...

No comments: