DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Friday, March 02, 2007

Battlestar Galactica - love it!!


"No, sorry never had a black Trans Am named KITT in my family"

Battlestar Galactica - register a new convert...

'Lighten up a little bit. It's only the end of the world.'

Love love love the new Battlestar Galactica - Tom my mentee got me the first season on DVD for my B'day, well done Mr Wade, I'm completely addicted!!

Cool CGI, tight plots and compelling characters, it's all good. Am having to fight the urge to burn through the whole series but am trying to pace myself until my previous joint favourite space based series (the other obviously being Firefly) - Babylon 5 'Complete Universe' arrives and I can relive evey last second of that, this time with my sons...


"tasty new CGI Vipers in action!"

Also the new Battlestar G has got a lot of the religious folks that I mix with excited because of all the 'spirituality' in it - as a believer myself that's just an added bonus. Here's some background if you're interested in that angle:

Unbeknownst to most viewers, "Battlestar Galactica" has been steeped in religion since its very inception. First pitched by uber-producer Glen A. Larson as a series of Bible stories set in space called "Adam's Ark," the reworked "Battlestar Galactica" was also influenced by another religious book: the Book of Mormon. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Larson borrowed plot points from his faith's sacred texts.*


But in a sage decision the makers have upped the 'babe' factor considerably injecting evil sexy Cylon blonde Tricia Helfer, tomboy 'starbuck' Katee Sackhoff, Boomer 'Tom's Choice' Grace Park and not forgetting super cute space pixie - Nicki 'Cally' Clyne!? see below:


"Aaron Douglas... he's not so cute"

*taken from "Born-Again 'Battlestar'" link:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/166/story_16633_1.html

Links:

National Serenity Day

Firefly review

Darkmatters: H O M E

Posted by Picasa

No comments: